To our customers, suppliers and employees,
These are unprecedented times. As news continues to develop around the COVID-19 virus, we wanted to ensure you that we are being proactive and continually adapting our operations and business to ensure the safety, health and well-being of employees and visitors, as well as, continued service to our customers.
We are a proud American manufacturer here to serve our valued customers. As of today, we are not experiencing supply risk of material or component shortages that would delay our production or shipment of orders. We will continue to monitor this closely and communicate quickly should this become a risk.
We want to share with you that we are doing our part to help prevent the spread of this virus and encourage others to share best practices as well so we can all rest assured that appropriate actions are being taken for everyone.
We’ve communicated to all employees important facts, answers to frequently asked questions, and timely updates from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention along with the Michigan Department of Health.
- We’ve communicated and reinforced best practices for washing hands, covering coughs and sneezes and other important personal hygiene guidelines.
- We’ve added additional hand sanitizer stations throughout our facilities.
- We’ve increased the cleaning and disinfecting frequency at all key touchpoints to include hand scanners, light switches, doorknobs, etc.
- We’ve begun workstation cleaning procedures to include disinfecting computers, hand tools, control panels and work surfaces several times per day.
- We’ve limited all non-essential work travel. We’ve asked those needing to visit us to limit the frequency and duration.
- We’ve limited meeting sizes and encouraged social distancing measures.
- We’ve updated our Business Continuity Plan and internal communication plans based on the COVID-19 threat.
We believe it’s best to calmly assess the ever-changing situation and meet the challenge head-on. Our approach; proactive preparedness, not panic, will help us prevent the risk of exposure to our valued employees and all we serve.